Sunday, September 2, 2012

THE INTERNATIONAL PICNIC



PICNIC AT SAN MATEO
That Sunday Afternoon Pastor Ziad and my friends at The Gate Church in San Mateo invited me over for a picnic.
This church normally puts together such a picnic where members come and have dinner together. This time round they were congregating with two other churches that are mainly Arabic, one from Sacramento and another from Modesto.
I went with my friends from Hayward; Joe and Cairn Diaz and Bill and Shirley James. It was a joy to meet wonderful people here plus friends I had met the previous year. What amazed me most was to meet brothers and sister from the Middle East who believe in Jesus. It amazing to meet Arabic people who love Jesus and are spirit filled!
Victor, one of the pastors opened with prayer in Arabic. This sounded familiar but the only time I hear Arabic is when Moslems are praying. It sounded good from a Pastor and believer in Jesus.
We then had food which was mainly barbeque with some Arabic food. It was a great time of fellowship. What made it unique was the fact that many nations were represented, it was international. We had more than 10 nations represented; Egypt, Jordan, Persia, Israel, Portugal, Korea, China, Iran, Lebanon, Palestine, USA and of course me from the great Uganda. After our meal everybody was saying; “Allah Akbar!”
Thank you Jesus for the price you paid on the cross that brings us together irrespective on nationality, race or color and we all become the children of God.

No comments: